“For Sale” Sign Tag Icons In Illustrator
1. With a new open document, first create our base for the For Sale tag icon by selecting the “rounded rectangle” tool in the tools window/panel.
2. Next, just drag the tool into the canvass and shape your icon tag with the size and ratio that you want.
3. Now, use the line tool in the tools panel.
4. Cut one corner of the rectangle that we created with it.
5. Next, go to the pathfinder and click on divide.
6. Then, select everything again, right click on the shapes and select “ungroup”.
7. Select our little triangle and rotate it 180 degrees.
8. Now, we shall add colour gradients to our shapes. For the bigger shape, let us stick to a grey, light grey and grey gradient. Set the angle to about 60 degrees. Of course, customize the colours if you want something more specific.
9. Next, we will add a frame. Select the larger shape and the click on Object -> Path -> Offset from the menu bar. Set the offset to around -10pixels and click on ok.
10. You should then see a smaller offset path appear inside your larger shape. Now, use the direct selection tool and move the folded and lines, inside the flap like so.
11. You should then see a smaller offset path appear inside your larger shape. Now, use the direct selection tool and move the folded and lines, inside the flap like so.
12. Next, click on Object -> Expand. Afterwards, add a colour gradient for your sign.
13. Great. Now you might add a 1pt stroke on the edge of the larger shape itself.
- Once done, just type in your message for your sign. For us of course, we are using “For Sale”.
14. Once typed in, right click on the letters and select “Create Outlines”
15. Once done, you can now add a gradient colour to our text.
16. Now, to add that glossy effect, create a large white ellipse over the sign like so:
17. Then cut one quarter of the ellipse using the line tool so that only a part of it is in the for sale sign.
18. Finally, reduce the opacity of this shape by about 50%. This should give you a nice shine type effect on top of your sign.
19. If you are having trouble with the positioning of shapes, make sure that you just adjust their order . Just right click on these shapes and select the bring to front or bring to back options.
20. Once done though, you should already have a nice For Sale Sign.
Visit this site, Printplace.com, to read more about Graphic Design Tutorials.